The Makino A811 on our floor is one of the newest machining centers at Bardons & Oliver.
Its features include:
- Maximum material size: 35″ x 32″ x 35″
- A 300 position tool changer
- CMM Probes, Contouring B-Axis
- 1000 PSI through spindle coolant
- 16 pallet dual layer cell system
This allows an operator to program as many as 16 different parts. The materials for the part are moved by a robotic pallet programmed by the machinist.
The probe mentioned above allows the machine to do CMM (Coordinate Measurement Machine) inspection, right on the machine. See the video below: